Everyone registered in the 28th SCHMS and the 16th International Forum of Medical Students and Junior Doctors has the right to submit their work in order to be presented either as an oral presentation or as an e-poster. The presentations can be made in the English or the Greek language.
In this form of presentation the student-speaker gets to present their work in front of the audience in 10 minutes’ time. (8 minutes for presentation and 2 minutes for discussion with the audience). The writing team may consist of more than one person; the presentation, however, will be made by a single speaker.
All student presentations are required to have a supervisor, chosen by the author team, who can be either a Faculty member of a Medical School or of another Health-related Department, or a postgraduate student, or PhD candidate, or a specialised doctor.The paper supervisor does not have to register to the congress, as they will be included in the Scientific Committee and thus, will receive a special invitation.
The subject of the scientific paper is also chosen by the author team, in conjunction with the supervisor
Attention: ALL authors participating in the paper, not just the speaker, must have completed their registration at the conference to submit the paper. Registration codes will be required upon submission. (excluding Faculty Members).
E-posters consist of a maximum of 1 or 2 slides and will be presented either at a dedicated room in the conference hall, where participants will be able to chat with the authors or online (depending on the applied health measures at the time).
E-posters presented in the 28th SCHMS must follow the following rules:
- Proposed dimensions: ePoster: 121.9 cm by 63.5 cm & 1920 x 1000 pixels resolution.
- No of pages: One(1)- Two(2).
- Orientation: Horizontal.
- Make sure that the text colour and the background colours are contrasting for better definition.
- If you include images, have them be. in the .jpeg or .png format
- Do not use special effects or videos.
Students who wish to present their work should submit the abstract, which should:
- Not exceed the limit of 300 words
- Be appropriately structured (Introduction – Objectives / Methods – Data / Results / Discussion)
- Include the bibliography used
- The abstract and authors’ data, the name of the presenter and supervisor of the work should all be written in the English language.
The format of the presentation (Oral or e-Posted) will be decided by the Organizing Committee, in accordance with the relevant criteria established by the Scientific Committee. Shortly after the submission you will receive a message about the acceptance or not of your work, as well as the format of the presentation.
Attention: After the submission of the work no changes or corrections will be accepted.
Every paper, regardless of the format of the presentation (oral or e-poster) can be submitted as a candidate for an award. The works submitted for an award should be about an original topic that exceeds the standard undergraduate level thematologies.
In addition, it is a prerequisite to submit the full text of the paper, which will be evaluated by the Scientific Committee of the conference.
The three best papers will be awarded.
A detailed guide has been created for the Awards of the 28th SCHMS including the terms and conditions to be met, as well as, comprehensive steps on how to create and submit your work. We hope it makes your participation at SCHMS as speakers easy and enjoyable!
Participants are strongly advised to read and follow the instructions included in the guide. They can ask for clarifications before submitting their work.
After the deadline, papers submitted will not be accepted.
The 7 best Papers will be selected by the Scientific Committee beforehands and will be presented at a dedicated session on Saturday, May 14, 2022. There, the oral presentation of the papers will be evaluated by the Scientific Committee too.
This year, there will be 3 awards; for the best Paper Presentation, for the best e-poster, and a third prize for the most original Paper Presentation. The winners of the first two awards will be decided by the Scientific Committee of the Congress, whilst the third (most original Paper Presentation) will be determined by the votes of the audience.
The evaluation process for each category, is described in detail below:
A) Paper Presentations – “The Athens Med Majesty”
1st Phase: The Scientific Committee will evaluate all submitted papers based on the following 4 criteria:
- Original Idea (0-20 points)
- Correct and complete documentation (0-20 points)
- Composed and edited presentation (0-20 points)
- Drawing useful conclusions that allow the further utilization of the paper.(0-20 points)
Total: Up to 80 points for each task.
- Each paper will be given a score, which will be the average of the gradings of all professors. The 7 papers with the highest score pass on to the 2nd phase.
2nd Phase: It will take place on the 2nd day of the Conference (Saturday, 14th of May 2022) between 19.10-20.25. The 7 best papers will be presented in the dedicated session (“The Athens Med Majesty” session) and the Scientific Committee will evaluate them (0-20 points).
1st Phase and 2nd Phase: Up to 100 points for each paper.
- Then, for each paper the total score will be calculated as: average of professors’ score for the paper (80 points max) + average of professors’ score for the oral presentation (20 points max)= 100 pts max.
Β) E-posters – “The Im-Poster Victory”
The Scientific Committee will evaluate all submitted written papers based on the following 4 criteria:
- Original Idea (0-25 points)
- Correct and completed documentation (0-25 points)
- Composed and edited presentation (0-25 points)
- Drawing useful conclusions that allow the further utilization of the paper. (0-25 points)
Total: Up to 100 points for each paper.
- Then, by calculating the average of each paper from the grading of all professors the best e-poster will determined
C) Original Paper Presentation – “The Innovation-Crossover”
All Paper Presentations that will be presented at the Conference (and not only those that have been submitted for an award) will be evaluated by the conference participants who will be able to vote for the work they think is the most original. The Paper Presentation that gets the most votes from the public will win an honorary award.
For direct contact with the Organization Committee you may send an e-mail to email@example.com.
We look forward to your participation in the 28th SCHMS.
Let’s start the journey!
To contact the Organizing Committee you can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are very much looking forward to receiving your submissions to present your work at the 28th SCHMS and 16th International Forum of Medical Students and Junior Doctors. Let this journey begin!